Friday, October 10, 2008

The Biggest Decision of the Year.

And the most important one, too. "What to Carve my Pumpkin As, 2008".

I begin contemplating this life-changing choice every November 1. However, being the indecisive person that I am, I usually rush around and make a rash, last minute decision 364 days later, mid-afternoon October 31, leaving me rushing around trying to find the pumpkin-carving knife, rumaging through Easter...Valentine's Day...New Years...Christmas...Thanksgiving jello molds, ah Halloween! there's the knife... finding and printing a pattern...shoot the printer's out of ink again...running to OfficeMax for the ink, returning to fight my brother for use of the pumpkin knife that I had just won right of using by finding it in the first place, removing the top of the pumpkin only to chase my pup for it once he discovers that it's much more fun than his frisbee, quickly carve a poor excuse for a jack-o-lantern, steal a votive Yankee candle from Mom's collection...ALL before the first doorbell ring of that evening. If I'm lucky, this is displayed on our front porch before the pitter patter of little trick-or-treaters appear:






Boring. Guess we get to eat all of the King-Sized Twix this year because we are getting NO trick-or-treaters with this bad boy.

Last year was a good year for me, however. Observe:





This one is going to be hard to beat. I had thought that I'd had a design picked out:




...Until I saw all that it involved:





In all honesty, I have a design and template picked out. I am not revealing it yet because, um, well because I just don't reveal these things until they actually happen. You'll understand once you see it. Let's just say that the chance that my pumpkin gets smashed this year is about 99% higher than last year, and I don't want to give people a head-start to my house. Oh, AND the image will probably be on the 11 O'Clock evening news. Stay tuned for my November post. I have to run to OfficeMax.

No comments: