Saturday, September 13, 2014

Summer: Lake George Vacation

We spent a week at Lake George again this year.  It was a week full of relaxing, laughter with friends and family, and some adventures with the dogs.  The week always goes by too quickly, but we always spend the next year anticipating our next trip!  Here are a few pictures:)
 
 
 We hiked up Sunrise Mountain one day.  I was on this hike when I found out about Robin Williams' passing, and that is what I will always think of now when I think of Sunrise Mountain.  It's hard to stay up on current events at Lake George because we don't have a tv, internet, and there is no cell service (love that!).  My friend Amber told me about it on the way up the mountain, as her friend had seen it on the newspaper earlier that morning.

I was SO excited to learn before our trip that we would be seeing one of the "supermoons" of the summer while at the lake; which meant seeing it come up over the mountain!  Amber and I found the perfect spot to set up our tripods and camp out while we waited for the moon to rise.  (We went to the neighbors' for the best view!)  The next few pictures are the August supermoon rise, and some of the moon over the lake, making it very bright and looking like daytime.



 This is taken at 10 pm, shortly after the moon rose!  It was so calm and beautiful.



One of our neighbors' houses.  So cozy.


We rented a boat on the warmest day of the week.  Here are a few shots:










 
 
 
 We had such a wonderful time catching up with life-long friends.  My cousin was there for the week as well with her son and husband:



Me + Tracey = BFF!


 
My niece and I having fun one afternoon.  (photo by Erinn Spack)
 
We had some fun nights at the campfire (photo by Erinn Spack)
 
Lastly, a hummingbird that Opa keeps well-fed:)

 
 
Until next year!

No comments: