Wednesday, May 25, 2011

On Markets and Celebrations

Have you ever woken up at 3:45 am, jumped in the shower and rushed out the door by 4, on a Sunday morning?


Jim and I can finally cross that off of our list of things to do before we die. Because starting 3 days ago, and for now on, that will be the way we kick off the week.


We are helping out a local farm: selling their product in the heart of DC at a farmer's market. It is exactly what we are passionate about: sharing the fruit of hard labor and God's creation with thousands of people. Country meets city life, if you will. And we are the liaison.




In other news, Jim and I just celebrated our 3 year anniversary yesterday! And by celebrated, I mean we went to work, got home late, grabbed a fresh meal to go at the market and watched American Idol. We remembered that the reason we chose this day to get married was because it meant we'd always have Memorial Day weekend to celebrate our anniversaries, and that is exactly what we are planning on doing.


And finally, the big news. ROBERT IS BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited. I cannot believe that a year went by, even though it felt like eternity while we were in it. I am sure that I only feel 0.000000000001% of what his wife feels. But I am just so thrilled. And the fact that it happened on our anniversary was even more of a treat.

No comments: